Clinician - Valley of the Moon Children'
Seneca Family of Agencies
The VMCC Clinician with Sonoma Programs will provide on-site therapeutic support for youth at Sonoma County’s 10-day Valley of the Moon Children’s shelter. The VMCC clinician position is co-located at VMCC and works closely within a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for the ongoing provision of culturally competent mental health services to lower risk youth placed at VMCC. Primary responsibilities include: involvement in admissions to VMCC, individual therapy, facilitating therapeutic groups, and coordinating care for youth transitioning to more permanent placements. The clinician is also highly integrated into the VMCC program as they spend time with youth in the milieu as well as provide clinical support, trainings and psychoeducation to VMCC direct care staff.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click here!
- Provide individual therapy and serve as the clinical lead for lower risk youth placed at Valley of the Moon.
- Facilitate therapeutic groups with VMCC staff weekly.
- Implement and complete risk screenings and safety plans.
- Participate in admission meetings to provide youth with emotional support.
- Participate in and/or support youth receiving therapy at Belos Cavalos Equine Program.
- Develop clinical assessments and treatment plans for youth at VMCC past 25+ days.
- Develop and implement transition plans when youth step down to a lower level of care.
- Complete referrals to community resources to maintain youth in the community.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings at VMCC and collaborate with all involved parties.
- Cultivate and maintain positive engagement and alignment with county partners and community contacts.
- Provide crisis support to milieu or Seneca Wraparound staff, and facilitate crisis debriefings, as needed.
- Provide any psychoeducation, transfer of coping skills or family therapy sessions with youth and caregivers, as needed.
- Attend shift change or any identified VMCC staff meetings to provide pertinent youth updates.
- Complete all documentation required for each client including mental health notes and reports.
- Attend all relevant trainings, including in-service trainings at Seneca site.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the program supervisor or designee.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca’s mission and values
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, or social work required.
- Currently registered or eligible to register with the California BBS.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities a plus!
- Prior therapy experience preferred.
- Own vehicle, valid California driver's license, and insurability through Seneca's automobile policy.
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurability by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier.
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal requirements.
- Full time, Monday through Friday
- Increased Compensation Package with an additional salary increase for bilingual (English/Spanish) abilities
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, 403b retirement plan, and employer-paid Employee Assistance program
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance towards licensure
- Yearly stipend for additional training
Please apply for this position on our website here: https://careers-senecafoa.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=-12789-Santa+Rosa
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.