RUTHERFORD EQUIPMENT RENTAL, LLC
Established in 1991, Rutherford Equipment Rental specializes in commercial winery equipment rental and sales for customers throughout the Bay Area. It is independently owned and operated by Brad and Lisa Warner and is located in South Napa.
The person that will succeed in this position enjoys working with equipment, is passionate about quality workmanship and understands that small details are important. Someone that has cellar experience would be ideal. This person should be able to work independently but also function well within a team and also work well with customers. A positive attitude, pride in one's work and a good sense of humor are most welcome in our fast-paced, customer-centric environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR (NON-EXEMPT) FULL TIME
HOURS: MONDAY – FRIDAY/8:00am – 4:30pm
The Equipment Coordinator (EC) position will be responsible for the washing, detailing, inspection and prepping of all equipment in the rental fleet. EC is responsible for reporting any damage to equipment found during check-ins to the supervisor and making repairs if possible. EC will be responsible for the organization and maintenance of the warehouse and coordination of the equipment placement in the warehouse. The EC will assist customers with any questions or information needed on equipment function and operation. This position may assist with equipment deliveries as needed. In addition, this position will assist with cellar work for Warner Winery Consulting during the harvest months.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE
- Responsible for accurately performing equipment inspections (incoming/outgoing)
- Responsible for moving, linking, unlinking and organization of all equipment in the warehouse
- Prepare and stage equipment for rental, demonstration and/or sale
- Prepare and stage equipment for delivery and customer pick-up
- Assist customers and internal team members with safe loading and unloading of equipment
- Clean and detail all equipment per company specifications, including the use of a pressure washer
- Document and tag all equipment per company procedures
- Ensures warehouse and work desk are clean and orderly
- Drive company vehicles on occasion, including box van and trucks.
- Ability to hitch and un-hitch tow trailers to trucks
- Maintain tools in good working order
- Organize, maintain and track inventory of spare equipment parts
- Fuel company vehicles
- Keeps the floor clean, garbage empty and notify the team of any safety hazards.
- Perform weekly inspection of LPG tanks and submit order if needed
- Inspect fire extinguishers month and inform the manager if service is needed
- Conduct weekly inventory of warehouse supplies
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to provide outstanding, positive customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with deadlines with changing priorities
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail in all job functions
- Demonstrate exceptional personal organization and communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision while functioning in a team environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with management and employees
- Must be able to follow directions and follow operational procedures
- Exceptional ability to learn equipment operation and explain to customers
- Must be able to safely operate machinery and equipment
- Must know how to use hand tools
- Valid California Driver’s license required
- Forklift operations including moving equipment and other items. (class will be provided)
- Read, write and speak English
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Minimum of three years of similar experience required. Winery experience a plus.
- Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds
- Climb or balance on stairs and ladders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
- Must be able to stand for periods of up to 8 hours at a time on cement floors
- Works outdoor/indoors where climates are very warm to hot and cool to very cold