Job Purpose: To work under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, Staff Pharmacists, and/or Relief Pharmacists to provide pharmacy services to SCIHP patients. To provide technical and administrative support, which facilitates the efficient flow of work and utilization of the Pharmacists.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A California Pharmacy Technician certificate required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a pharmacy technician preferred but not required.
- Understanding of pharmacy legal requirements.
- Experience with E-Tars preferred.
- Able to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Proficient with computers and electronic health records.
- Ability to enter prescription information into and retrieve information from the pharmacy computer system as directed by and under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Assemble and set up prescriptions for filling and dispensing.
- Transcribe prescription refill requests from patients, IVR and SCIHP EHR.
- Become familiar with, use, and maintain pharmacy ScriptPro robot per SCIHP policy and procedure,
- Replenish drug stock, labels and/or vials in the robot; perform daily maintenance chores, and alert pharmacist of any potential problems or shortages.
- Assist with Clerk duties and perform TAR or prior authorizations on an as needed basis
- Must possess current CPR certification or be willing to attend a SCIHP provided CPR training to become certified.
- Must satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background investigation.
- Must show proof of completed COVID 19 vaccinations and booster(s).
Special Qualifications: Must be sensitive to the needs of the Native American Community, which includes culture, traditions, and background.
Apply to: Sonoma County Indian Health Project, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
144 Stony Point Road, Room 2209, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Fax (707) 526-1016 or Email Resume and SCIHP Application to: email@example.com
Employment Application available online at: www.scihp.org/human-resources
When applying for Indian Preference, attach valid proof of eligibility